Lupita Nyong’o’s star shone brilliantly at the 86th Annual Academy Awards. The 31 year old actress won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in 12 Years a Slave, and won even more hearts when she showed up in a custom made light blue Prada gown. When asked about her dress on the red carpet, Lupita told E! Red Carpet reporter, Ryan Seacrest, “It was made for me...It’s a blue that reminds me of Nairobi. It’s a little bit of home.”
While we were completely floored by the Kenyan born actress’s ethereal Prada gown, we were equally pleased that she managed to change up her short faded natural hair yet again. Stylist Larry Sims is the genius behind Lupita’s Oscar hair. Here’s how he did it:
- Apply a quarter-size amount of Smooth ‘N Shine Go Pro Curls Gelle Parfait to damp hair
- Diffused the hair to define and set the curls
- Apply Smooth ‘N Shine Go Pro Gro Crème Oil to smooth out the front of the hairline
- Apply Smooth ‘N Shine Go Pro Gro Crème Oil on the sides to give it smooth, shiny finish
- After hairline is smooth and the sides are shining, use the Fred Leighton diamond headband to push the hair back. (Find headband alternatives here and here .)
- Apply got2b rise ‘n shine luminous lift hairspray to set everything and keep it all in place
We loved everything about Lupita’s look and can’t wait to see what she shows us next, both on screen and off.
What did you think of Lupita Nyong’o’s Oscar Look?