Looking for a shampoo that can detox your hair from all of the buildup it sustains on a daily basis? Or how about a conditioner that is packed with natural oils and butters that can help tame your frizzy hair? Then get ready to get Noughty, a hair care brand that is made with 97% natural ingredients. Find out how beauty veterans and longtime friends, Rachel Parsonage and Lorna Mitchell created this all-natural hair care company.

Tell us how the brand got its start.

High school friends and co-founders Rachel Parsonage and Lorna Mitchell had spent the majority of their careers working with high-end natural beauty brands and realized the gap in the market and a need for high performing natural hair care products.

"It became apparent in our focus groups that the awareness of hair health is growing. Our research and the focus groups reinforced that women want to have great performing, indulgent hair care using the best natural ingredients available.

Throughout Noughty’s development, Lorna and I wanted to ensure natural and kind hair care didn’t mean sacrificing performance."
Rachel Parsonage, Co-Founder.

So, I’m sure people must ask you all the time, if your product 97% natural, what is the other 3%?

Our products are 97% natural with many wonderful natural ingredients. The remaining 3% is made up of the preservative system, which stops the product from going off after opening, emulsifying agents, which are necessary to stop ingredients from separating, and some lovely fragrances to make your hair smell delicious.


What are the key ingredients in the To the Rescue Shampoo?

  • Deep down hydration.

  • Intensively moisturizing.

  • Smooths hair shaft leaving locks ultra-soft and strong.

  • Helps to transform frizzy hair.

  • Super nourishing.

Is this shampoo and conditioner for all hair types?

To the Rescue Range provides intensive moisture and hydration to all hair types. This shampoo and conditioner work best for girls with thick, porous, curly, dry or damaged hair.


Tell us about To the Rescue Conditioner?

This is our hero product in the UK, and works miracles on transforming distressed hair and split ends into the perfect fairytale ending. The conditioner contains added extracts of Coconut Oil, Shea Butter and Olive Oil to help hair feel nourished and hydrated.

That’s great you don’t use any silicones in your product, so how does this product work to combat the ever ending frizz fight that most of us deal with?

Silicone is an ingredient that wraps around the hair shaft and protects it from moisture. It’s become popular due to the “anti-frizz” benefit, however mid to long term use can make hair dry as this barrier prevents conditioner from doing its job.
This will lead to product build up, making hair limp and lifeless.

We don’t use any silicones in our products; instead we focus on using the best oils we know to create a natural shine and smoothness for hair, without the build-up.

What can we expect after using your shampoo and conditioner?

  1. The result. Naturally silky, soft, shiny, bouncy hair that visibly feels and looks healthier.

  2. The detox stage. If you are new to Natural shampoo’s and making the transition from conventional hair care, you may need to give your hair up to 8 washes with Noughty to remove the build-up of conventional shampoo’s before you see the best results. So rather like your body after a night out with the girls, your hair may need a little time to detox and rebalance in natural oils.

  3. Size up the bubbles. Think, champagne-sized bubbles rather than those ones you blew from a wand as a little one.

  4. Get Active. To get the most out of a sulphate-free shampoo, it’s best to activate it before you use it. All you have to do is put a small amount of shampoo in your palm, add a little water, and then rub your palms together before working the mixture through your wet hair.

  5. Less is more. Except for water. It’s true to say with naturals, you get better results on your hair and in your pocket by starting with less shampoo.

  6. Lastly and best of all, don’t expect to sacrifice performance.

What’s next for Noughty?

We have a lot of exciting new products in the pipeline to launch on in January 2018, including a best-selling curl cream, anti-frizz serums, and more!

Each of our monthly subscribers will receive a shampoo and conditioner duo packette in their November Box, what is the one thing you want to leave them with?

Being kind makes us all feel good, in just the same way being kinder to your hair will make it look and feel, better.

To keep up with Noughty, you can follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.