Get that radiant glow that you’ve always wanted with the Gold Foil Peel-Off Mask from MasqueBAR by Look Beauty. If you are looking for a detoxifying mask that will clarify your skin, make your pores look smaller, and improve your complexion, you will love this metallic mask that works on all skin types. Read all about how the brand’s founder, Allan Lever stays on top of current skin care trends and their growth in the US market.
Tell us how Masque Bar got its start?Several years ago, well ahead of the current mask and Korean beauty explosion, Allan Lever, the founder of Look Beauty, discovered beauty innovations that were developing in Korea. After he recognized the white space in masks, Allan started bringing affordable mask technology to U.S. retailers. One of the first masks to debut was the Que Bella, a collection from the U.K. that he would eventually sell to Target.
Allan then fused Korean technology with his masks and created MasqueBAR. The goal was to deliver the quality of luxury products at affordable mass market pricing. Target served as the launch pad, then MasqueBAR expanded to 15,000 doors in the U.S.: Walgreens Boots Alliance, Ricky’s, Rite Aid, Urban Outfitters, and select TJ Maxx and Marshalls.
How did you come up with the concept of a foil masque?
On one of Allan’s work trip to Korea, he discovered that Metallics and foils were immensely popular so he brought it to the Western markets and it’s been a big hit!
What are the key ingredients in the Gold Foil Peel-Off Mask?
Aside from being super social media savvy, foil masks a.k.a Metallics have glowing properties that are enriched with natural ingredients to help brighten and soften the skin.
- Raspberry Fruit Extract - high in antioxidants and Vitamin C
- Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil - balancing sebum production in oily skin and creates a natural protective barrier.
- Grapefruit Extract -promotes smoother skin by increasing the rate of cell renewal
Talk to us about their benefits?
Our Metallic range boasts a “glowing “property. Many people have claimed that our Metallic range gives off a radiant and glowing complexion. We were written up in Popsugar earlier this year by one of their editors with the header, “This $4 Rose Gold Peel-Off Mask Works Just as Well as GlamGlow GravityMud”.
How many times a week should use a masque?
Most hydrating/moisturizing masks can be used daily, but products with exfoliating and detoxifying properties should be used more sparingly-2-3 times a week.
How to Use:
- Thoroughly cleanse and tone face
- Apply the gold foil face mask evenly in a thin layer
- Leave the gold foil face mask on for approximately 15 minutes until it has completely dried, then slowly peel off (never PULL) the mask starting from the bottom of your face
- Rinse any residue with lukewarm water and pat dry gently