Now that social distancing has become our new normal. We wanted to make sure that you are staying connected to yourself and your friends and family by giving you some mindful tips to add to your self-care routines to help you make the most of these trying times.
Breathing is essential to good health. Start by inhaling for 3 seconds and exhaling through your mouth for 6 seconds. Some of the benefits of deep breathing include:
- Circulates the blood.
- Increases your energy level.
- Detoxifies the body.
Upon rising, take a moment and concentrate on you. You can also meditate at any time of the day that you're feeling tense:.
- Start by thinking about 3-5 things that you are thankful for.
- Focus on yourself and say some affirmations.
- Remember your breathing exercises.
Suggested Affirmations after your meditation and during the day:
- I love the woman that I am.
- I choose good health, happiness, and love for myself and others.
- Every day, in every way, I am getting healthier and healthier.
- I am strong in mind, body, and spirit.
- I take great care of and love my body, for it is a temple and I treat it with respect.
Choose Healthy Foods:
Getting vital nutrients from food is an essential part of a healthy diet. Try these suggestions below to optimize your health:
- Choose foods that are rich in color like berries and root vegetables for their antioxidant properties.
- Take your choice of vitamins and minerals.
- Eat healthy snacks that give you energy like fruits, nuts, and seeds.
- Stay hydrated with plenty of water and decaffeinated herbal teas.
Healthy Stay at Home Habits:
Now that you're working from home your routine is significantly different. Try your best to:
- Manage your time to prevent any unnecessary stress and pressure.
- Get up, stretch, and walk around.
- Stay connected to your friends and family with a video call or an Instagram LIVE.
- Watch inspirational, educational, and funny content.
It's important that we keep our mind, body, and spirit calm, healthy and connected. We hope that you find this information useful and wish you the best.
We are all in this together. Our prayer is that you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy.