Celebrating with your closest girlfriends never goes out of style, and with summer fast approaching, you might be looking for any excuse to get together with your besties. Here are three fun, budget friendly options for girls’ day/night in.
At Home Wine Tasting (21 and Over)
The idea of a formal wine tasting might conjure images of a sommelier painstakingly going over tasting notes and using phrases you might not use if you sat down to have a glass of wine with your girlfriends. So, why not leave out the professional sommelier and introduce your friends to your favorite bottle of wine at an informal at-home wine tasting?
Here's How it Works:
- Invite your girlfriends and have each of them bring 1 or 2 of their favorite bottles of wine
- Once everyone arrives, give each person a note card and a pen
- Before each tasting have each person give the name and a little description of the wine they brought
- Once the wine is poured and tasted, ask each person to rate the wine and write it on their note card. (You can use a rating system from 1 to 10.)
- When all the wines have been tasted, tally the score and the person with the most liked wine wins a prize (Sometimes, it’s just more wine.)
*Note: For the at-home wine tasting we highly recommend a spit bucket. That way by the end of the evening, participants would have consumed no more than a couple of glasses of wine.
A potluck is an oldie but goodie. It gets everyone together and spreads the cost and food responsibility around. To make this interesting, try a themed potluck where the menu is designed and each friend is assigned menu item(s). This can be an especially fun and exciting option if you take the activities to a park and dine al fresco.
Everyone loves to be pampered, but being pampered at your favorite spa may be an indulgence you can afford only once in a while. Why not get pampered at home? Use the services of a mobile spa such as that of our brand partner Harper Monroe; the service will show up to your house with all the necessary items to turn your home into a pampering paradise for you and your friends. Be sure to check with the particular spa service about the maximum number of people they can accommodate and the amount of space that's needed. This will help you to select the location for your spa party and the number of people to invite.
What’s your favorite way to host your friends for girls’ day or night in?